Patterson Restoration can restore a fire damaged structure to its original pre-loss condition
A fire can be a traumatic experience to any home or business owner. Not only is there the inherent danger of the flames as they destroy a home or facility, but there are also the after-effects of soot, debris, odor, smoke and structural damage. For most, a fire is an unimaginable event, yet it occurs from a variety of causes. Be mindful of the top 10 causes of fires:
- Cooking Fire: Splattering grease, unattended kitchens and combustibles near heat sources are all common fire instigators.
- Home Heating Fires: Have your furnace inspected regularly and keep portable heaters safely away from combustibles.
- Smoking: If you smoke in or near the house, always make sure the cigarette butt is fully put out.
- Electrical Fires: Watch for frayed cords, overuse of extension cords and overloaded outlets.
- Candles: Never leave lit candles unattended.
- Children: Keep kids away from matches and lighters to stifle any curiosity they might have about what happens when different items burn.
- Faulty Wiring: Inadequate wiring, which is often prevalent in older homes and apartments, can be a big safety hazard.
- Flammable Items: Don’t keep paint, adhesives or cleaning agents near heat sources.
- Holiday Decor: Beware of how close your Christmas tree gets to your fireplace — and always be sure that you’re safely hanging other decor.
- Grills: Never cook on the grill on a porch or under an awning. Give yourself plenty of space from your home.
The Importance of Prompt Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Services
Fires are inevitable, and when they occur, you’ll want someone who can repair any structural damage, as well as remove any smoke damage stains, soot coatings and odors to get the property back to pre-loss condition. That’s where a Patterson Restoration’s fire damage team comes into the picture. Patterson Restoration will be onsite within two hours to mitigate the damages, secure your property and begin emergency cleaning to priority items. While onsite, the property will be inspected, damage assessments and preliminary estimates will be written to provide a comprehensive restoration plan. This may include removing smoke & odor removal, deodorizing, structural cleaning, structural repair, content restoration, etc.
For more information on fire damage repair and smoke damage mitigation, or to speak with one of our contractors, contact Patterson Restoration today.